ParentsCAN will host a dynamic and interactive Parent Leadership Series to prepare families with the skills and tools needed to partner with and engage in all levels of public advocacy on behalf of children with special needs.
• Have the opportunity to learn with and from one another.
• Learn about the history of the Disability Rights Movement.
• Explore how the legislative process works.
• Write their story in a way that translates their personal experiences into systems-wide action.
• Gain strategies for identifying and participating in leadership activities.
• Recognize and apply the value of parent network and mentoring connections.