Thank you to all the brave individuals working on the front lines to protect us!
You can receive Nixle Alerts on your phone by texting your zip code to: 888777
Visit the Napa County Fire Situational Map for a view map of fire locations, mandatory and evacuation warnings.
This map will show if there are any fires currently burning in California.
Here is a wildfire smoke informational fact sheet.
From Disability Rights California
It is wild fire season in California and there are many fires across the state. These fires can cause the following problems for people who have disabilities:
- You may be evacuated.
- The air is full of smoke, which can make it hard for you to breathe.
- Your power may go out.
Know Your Rights
- Updates, warnings, and alerts should be accessible. This means you should be able to know and understand what is happening in your neighborhood.
- You should have access to transportation if you are evacuated.
- If you are evacuated, any place you go should be accessible.
- If you have a service or emotional support animal, that animal should be allowed inside shelters and other evacuation sites.
Make Sure You Have A Plan
- Are you signed up for emergency alerts? If you are not, you can call your local office of Emergency Management Services and subscribe to alerts. (Or, you can receive Nixle Alerts on your phone by texting your zip code to: 888777)
- Are you packed? You should have a bag ready if you have to leave fast. The bag should include everything you need, including medicine and other supplies.
- If you are going to evacuate, do you need a ride? If you do, you should know who you are going to call ahead of time and make sure you have a backup.
- Do you know where you are going to go? Make sure you know where you want to evacuate to.
- When you get to the evacuation site, what do you need? You may want to have a list of things that you will need for it to be accessible written down so that you don’t forget anything when you get there.
Click here: For Disaster Checklist
Click here for: Emergency Supply Kit: Be prepared to use what you have on hand to make it on your own for at least three days, maybe longer.